Donald Trump breaks silence on Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest

Reports emerged Thursday that Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, formerly known as Prince Andrew, was arrested at Wood Farm on the Sandringham estate on suspicion of misconduct in public office. The arrest drew international attention due to his long-standing association with the late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein and ongoing scrutiny of that relationship.

Thames Valley Police confirmed that officers detained a 66-year-old man following a complaint alleging the sharing of confidential material connected to Epstein. A formal investigation has now been opened. Authorities emphasized that the arrested individual would not be named and urged caution in reporting to avoid contempt of court.

Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said, “Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation. It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation. Updates will be provided at the appropriate time.” Andrew has consistently denied any wrongdoing.

After approximately 11 hours in custody, Andrew was released later the same day. Police confirmed that the investigation remains ongoing and no charges have yet been filed.

Former U.S. President Donald Trump commented from Air Force One, calling the situation “very sad” for the royal family. He also praised King Charles III, who is expected to visit the United States soon, and referenced the broader Epstein case, noting he had been “totally exonerated.”

Buckingham Palace issued a statement from King Charles III expressing concern and emphasizing due process. “The law must take its course,” the King said, stressing that the investigation would follow proper procedures and that further commentary would not be appropriate at this time.

The palace’s measured response reflected the monarchy’s longstanding approach of avoiding public statements on active legal matters, balancing transparency with restraint.

While Andrew’s release means no immediate charges, the opening of a formal investigation underscores the seriousness of the allegations and indicates that authorities will continue examining the matter thoroughly, with outcomes dependent on evidence and legal process.

Related Posts

Donald Trump breaks silence on Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest

Donald Trump, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor. Credit: Getty Images Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, formerly known as Prince Andrew, was arrested on Thursday on suspicion of misconduct in public office. He was…

The 10 most unattractive qualities in a partner

Relationships aren’t always a bed of roses. The truth is that a relationship requires lots of effort, communication, and even sacrifice, but sometimes, no matter how hard…

12 behaviors common in adults who faced emotional abuse as children

Emotional abuse can have profound and long-lasting impact on the child’s development and overall wellbeing. Unlike physical abuse, which is manifested with visible injuries, emotional abuse can…

A Flea Market Surprise: The Pendant That Brought the Past Full Circle

At 80 years old, Samantha had settled into a quiet routine. She spent her days tending to her small home and visiting her favorite thrift shop, always…

When a $6,500 Bull Needed a Little Pep in His Step: A Farm Tale With a Twist

When you invest $6,500 in a registered Black Angus bull, you expect him to take his job seriously. So you can imagine the concern when this impressive…

Remembering Charles C. Stevenson Jr.: A Familiar Face Across Film and Television

Charles C. Stevenson Jr., a dependable character actor whose work quietly enriched dozens of television shows and films, has passed away at the age of 95. According…

Leave a Reply