FBI Shares Update After New Message in Nancy Guthrie Disappearance Investigation

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has provided a new update in the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of Nancy Guthrie, the mother of Savannah Guthrie, co-anchor of the Today show. Nancy Guthrie, 84, has been reported missing since early February, and authorities continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding her disappearance.

Law enforcement officials previously stated that Nancy Guthrie’s home in the Catalina Foothills area of Tucson, Arizona, is being treated as an active crime scene. Investigators have indicated it does not appear she left the residence on her own. Search and evidence teams have been working to gather information and follow leads.

Former President Donald Trump said in a public message that federal resources were being made available to support local authorities and the family. He also shared supportive remarks for the Guthrie family as the search continues.

New Message Under Review

On February 6, the FBI confirmed it is reviewing a newly received message connected to the case. Authorities said they are assessing the information to determine its authenticity. This follows earlier reports that media outlets received messages referencing ransom demands.

In a statement, investigators emphasized that this is one piece of information among many being evaluated. They continue to encourage anyone with credible tips to contact official FBI channels. A reward of up to $50,000 remains available for information that helps locate Nancy Guthrie or leads to the arrest and conviction of anyone involved.

A local news outlet confirmed it received the new message but chose not to share details publicly out of respect for the family and the investigation. Officials have not verified whether the message is connected to earlier communications.

Ongoing Investigation

An FBI spokesperson told media that teams returned to Nancy Guthrie’s home as part of routine follow-up investigative work. According to the spokesperson, the visit was planned regardless of the new message.

Authorities stress that verified updates will come from official sources. The case remains active, and investigators continue to evaluate all credible information. Members of the public with relevant details are encouraged to contact law enforcement through official tip lines.

Related Posts

Missing Persons Cases Highlight the Importance of Persistence in Investigations

When someone suddenly disappears from their normal routine, concern can quickly grow among loved ones and communities. Missed appointments, unanswered phone calls, and unexpected silence often become…

Florida man woke from coma, gave chilling statement about his girlfriend, then died

Daniel Waterman, originally from the Syracuse area of New York, was critically injured on Super Bowl Sunday 2025 in a serious crash along Interstate 95 in Flagler…

Terrifying moment gunshots rang out outside White House captured on camera

Selina Wang was filming a routine standup outside White House when the calm shattered. Sharp cracks of gunfire rang out across the North Lawn, instantly turning a…

Israel on Heightened Alert in 2026: Understanding the Security Situation and Regional Impact

Israel is described as entering a period of heightened security amid renewed regional tensions and evolving threat assessments. Officials are reported to have increased military readiness and…

White House locked down and reporters forced to dive for cover as gunfire erupts

Agents swarmed the North Lawn in seconds, shouting for everyone to get down as bursts of gunfire cracked through the air and echoed off the surrounding government…

These 6 Hollywood Blondes Once Went Brunette – Photos That Made Fans Think They Looked Better with Dark Hair

For decades, blonde hair has been a part of the public image for some of Hollywood’s biggest stars. But now and then, a dramatic brunette transformation changes…