These Passports Are Now Limited in the US Following Trump’s Gender Executive Order

National Reaction and Legal Challenges

The decision to revoke gender-neutral passports has ignited an immediate and intense reaction from advocacy groups,

legal experts, and members of the LGBTQ+ community. Organizations such as the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)

and Human Rights Campaign (HRC) have condemned the order, arguing that it infringes upon the rights of non-binary

individuals and sets a dangerous precedent for governmental overreach into personal identity.

“This is a direct attack on the dignity and rights of non-binary and gender-diverse individuals,” said Sarah Warbelow,

legal director for the Human Rights Campaign. “It’s not just about passports—it’s about erasing people’s existence in the eyes of the government.”

In response to the order, several advocacy groups have announced their intention to challenge the policy in court.

Legal experts predict that lawsuits will focus on constitutional arguments, including equal protection under the law and First Amendment rights related to self-expression and identity.

“It’s likely this order will be tied up in litigation for years,” said constitutional law professor David Cole.

“The federal government previously recognized gender-neutral passports under Biden, and the legal question now

becomes whether revoking them constitutes unlawful discrimination.”

Political Responses and Public Opinion

The executive order has also sparked a sharp political divide. Republican lawmakers and conservative groups

have widely praised the move, framing it as a return to traditional values and a rejection of what they call “radical gender ideology.”

Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO) voiced his support, stating, “President Trump is standing up for biological reality.

Americans are tired of having gender ideology forced upon them by the federal government.”

On the other hand, Democratic leaders and progressive activists have decried the order as regressive and harmful.

House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY) called it a “dangerous and discriminatory act of government overreach that undermines the rights of millions.”

Related Posts

Husband who lost wife and daughter in Maldives scuba diving tragedy breaks silence with powerful claim

Credit: Facebook / Project Seagrass & Instagram/ Giorgia Sommacal The man who lost his wife and daughter in the infamous scuba diving tragedy that took place last…

THE SEARCH IS OVER: SAVANNAH GUTHRIE BREAKS DOWN LIVE AS POLICE DELIVER THE FINAL

In the studio, the air seemed to thicken as the final confirmation was read aloud. Guthrie’s voice, once the steady guide through countless breaking stories, trembled under…

Opinion: Why Prince William needs to speak about his health

It’s safe to say that the British royals have been through a lot during the past couple of years, and somehow, Prince William has found himself in…

Trump Speaks After Security Scare Disrupts White House Correspondents’ Dinner

Donald Trump has spoken publicly following a reported security incident that interrupted the White House Correspondents’ Dinner on Saturday night. The annual gathering, held at the Washington Hilton, drew significant…

Obama’s Comments About Trump and Democracy Spark Sharp Political Debate

Barack Obama has sparked renewed political debate after remarks suggesting that support for Donald Trump reflects broader concerns about respect for democratic principles. The comments, made during a recent public…

Trump’s ‘My Way’ Post Sparks Online Speculation and Concern

Donald Trump has drawn widespread online attention after sharing a video on Truth Social featuring Frank Sinatra performing the classic song My Way. The post included opening lyrics such as “And now, the…